Monday 3 November 2008

Embossed snowmen!

Evening all! Missing out on my early night again but I am very disappointed in myself as I had planned to make about three or four cards this evening but I only managed one. I spent my lunch hour from work drawing sketches of cards to make when I got home and I still only managed one. I have banned myself from Pink Petticoat this week though in hopes that I can get some variety so I found an old stamp in my box and embossed these little snowmen.

Dovecraft square card blank, DCWV paper from the Christmas stack, Bazzil Basics pink textured card (used the back of it as the front was too shimmery), Papermania Sparkly trim, Anita's peel offs coloured pink with Whispers permanent pen and I can not think for the life of me where the snowman stamp came from or what make it is but I embossed it using Ink It Up clear pigment ink and Heat It Up silver tinsel embossing powder with the Heat It Up tool and then coloured in with pencil crayons. I used the x-cut shape cutter to cut the rectangles with rounded corners.

I am not 100% about this card but it was good experimenting using something other than Pink Petticoat and using less traditional colours.

I shall try to make a few more tomorrow night hopefully.

Hope everyone is well and happily crafting away!

xx

P.S. I just remembered that I did have some good news today - I told my friend about how I need to make a lot of cards ready to sell at work for charity and he told me that he wants to buy some off me and even upped my price!

4 comments:

Jamie Martin said...

Super cute Christmas card. I like the use of non-traditional colors :)

Natalie said...

Cute snowmen, I love the paper too. x

Cass said...

Lovely card Sarah.Really cute snowmen.

Cass xxx

Ana Baird said...

Cute card Sarah! Love the snowmen & colours!