Thursday 24 July 2008

Thank you card

Yesterday I lost all inspiration and no matter how long I looked at photos and papers and embellishments I couldn't see anything that would work. I went to town and bought Scrapbook Inspirations which has such fantastic ideas and LOs in it but I still couldn't get anything to look right on my page so I went to bed!

This morning I decided to make my thank you cards for my family who gave me cards and money and gift vouchers to congratulate me on my graduation. I decided I wanted to incorporate some photos into the cards and so I made this:


The design came from a card that was project of the week on the Do Crafts website a few weeks ago. One of the girls on the forum set us a challenge to make one and so I did. I wasn't pleased with my first attempt but it showed me how easy it is to make but so effective. The sliding mechanism is so smooth and works really well.


I used Papermania red card, black and white paper from The Papermill, Papermania eyelet, piece of black ribbon that I cut out of a t-shirt (it was the ribbon they put in to hang tops up with), Papermania clear adhesive gems which I then coloured black with a Whispers permanent pen and finally the photos which I printed with my Epson printer onto glossy photo paper.

I just need to make another few of these now!

No comments: